LIGHTWEIGHT, FAST AND DIFFERENT
Payson McElveen, a Texas native, relocated to Durango, Colorado, in 2012. Known as an epicenter of endurance mountain biking, he spends most of his time training there. Payson's BC40 paint scheme was inspired by the infamous and rugged San Juan mountains. A mountain range that forms the southern part of Colorado's Rocky Mountains and is touted as having some of the most diverse landscapes of any mountain range in the U.S. The beautiful but unusual hues created by the distinct geology of the San Juans influenced the colors of this actual one-of-a-kind piece of art on two wheels. When Payson first moved there, he found the mountain range incredibly intimidating, but it was the challenging terrain he needed to reach his potential as an athlete. "They've taught me enormous amounts about myself as an athlete and person. It's extraordinary to have those mountains and years of hard work reflected in this new mountain bike," said Payson.
Over two years in the making, the BC40 was designed for speed, agility, and beauty, painstakingly tested and refined on the iconic singletrack in our backyard, and made entirely here in the United States, by us, with unparalleled precision and passion. Inspired by the legendary Back 40 trail system. Meet the new BC40, a thoughtfully engineered modern cross-country machine mixed with an all-day trail sled. A plush 120mm of front and rear travel combined with a second-to-none pedaling platform and progressive geometry delivers precise speed, handling, and tracking for the needs of the modern trail shredder.
Frameset includes a fork, rear shock, and headset.
- FRAMESET WEIGHT
- 1950 grams (Lrg)
- A slacker front headtube angle for predictable handling at speed across buff and technical terrain. A longer front to center measurement shifts the weight of the rider further behind the front wheel for more control to maneuver at high speeds.
- Designed for 120mm front and rear travel. Faux bar system (flex stay) kinematic designed for pedaling efficiency.
- Cable management at the headtube allows for easy compatibility across components including dropper posts and remote lockouts.
- BOTTLE MOUNTS
- Capable of carrying 2, 1 on the downtube and 1 on the seattube.
- TIRE CLEARANCE
Designed to stretch the capability of what a cross-country bike can do while making no compromises with weight and pedaling efficiency.
The BC40 is very simply my dream bike. It has the geometry I want, the suspension characteristics, the aesthetic, and of course, it's lightweight. If I were to design a mountain bike for my needs and goals, the BC40 would be it. I still can't quite believe it's real, honestly. I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to ride it, race it, adventure on it, and to have played a small role in its creation.
THE BC40 IS VERY SIMPLY MY DREAM BIKE
In-house development and testing, including building our own testing methodology and machines and tearing apart our competitors' bikes to weigh every part and benchmark performance.
Built to exceed the expectations of elite endurance athletes like Payson McElveen for ultimate performance at the highest level of competition.
- BOTTOM BRACKET
- SRAM Dub Threaded
- SRAM Ultimate Level - 160mm rear / 180mm front
- SRAM XG 1299 Eagle 10-52 Rainbow
- SRAM XX1 Eagle Chain Rainbow 12SPD
- SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS Boost
- RockShox SID Ultimate Charger Race Day RL Crown
- FRONT DERAILLEUR
- Truvativ Atmos Carbon Flat Bar
- HANDLEBAR TAPE
- ESI Black Chunky Grips
- REAR SHOCK
- SID Luxe Ultimate RL
- REAR DERAILLEUR
- SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS
- Selle Italia Novus Boost Evo Superflow
- RockShox Reverb AXS 31.6
- SHIFT LEVERS
- SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS Controller
- Truvativ Atmos 6K 50MM
- MAXXIS Rekon 29X2.40 WT EXO/TR/TW Tan Tire Set
- Roval Control SL 29 6BOLT XD
|C. Front Center||710||739||775||806|
|D. Seat Tube Angle||76||76||76||76|
|E. Wheel Size||29"||29"||29"||29"|
|F. Headtube Angle||66.5||66.5||66.5||66.5|
|G. Fork Rake||44||44||44||44|
|H. Head Tube Length||95||105||120||135|
|I. Bottom Bracket Drop||40||40||40||40|
|K. Chainstay Length||435||435||435||435|
|L. Horizontal Top Tube||569||596||630||659|
|M. Seat Tube Length||395||420||450||500|